If you work for a call center in the Philippines chances are that you work at least some of your shifts at night. Whether you work for an outbound call center and are a lead generation machine or if you work at an inbound call center and are taking customer service calls, the following tips should help you keep it together during those long graveyard shifts. The following is from a fellow Philippines call center agent.
1. GET ENOUGH SLEEP. This is the most important thing that call center agents don’t usually do. By not getting enough sleep, they go to work very weak and tired. They fall asleep while taking calls. Not only will they be scolded by their supervisors, but they end up not being productive with their day.
2. EAT RIGHT. Always have well balanced meal to give you enough energy to be taking calls the whole shift and be able to stay awake and enthusiastic all night. Usually skipping meals will make you dizzy and nauseated and cause you not to be able to concentrate on your calls and not be able to really understand your customers concerns. Listening attentively and having an upbeat tone to your customers could help a lot in being able to address their concerns properly and getting their attention in your sales pitch.
3. DRINK LOTS OF FLUIDS. Talking all the time on inbound calls can really dry up your throat. To protect the most important aspect in working in a call center, which is you voice, you should take in lots of fluids. Drink lots of water, juice, or iced tea.. Whatever is available or whichever you prefer. Having a spill-proof tumbler is the most common thing you see at every call center agents desk.
4. EXERCISE. Being fit is very crucial in keeping your job. If you are very sickly, you tend to make a lot of absences, which leads to termination, which leads to no money again.
5. FRIENDS. Nothing makes you more lively and excited in going to work every night in the call center than getting together again with coworkers or crushes at work.
6. NOT TOO Many VICES. I guess telling people not to smoke or drink coffee at work would make me a hypocrite since I myself smoke. True, drinking coffee and smoking is a big help in keeping you awake at work, but having too much is a different story.
7. UNWIND. Working is good, but working too much is not. Having fun and going out with friends, keeps you healthy in ways you’re able to balance your life with work and play.