- We chose not to use petroleum based plastics to create our workspaces. Instead we built our workstations with "green" sustainable wood in a local factory a few miles from our offices. By shopping locally, we saved the fossil fuels that would have normally been used for delivery. These workstations are also fully biodegradable.
- We are moving our web hosting to a reliable and responsible web hosting company that uses solar power and is carbon free.
- We offer incentives and encourage all of our employees to use public transportation.
- In our recent office expansion we chose not to use petrochemical based carpet.
- We use only flat screen monitors and energy efficient computers.
- Our servers are all rated for low energy consumption.
- We use passive cooling techniques to use less air conditioning
- We keep lights and computers off when they are not being used and constantly monitor the office for hidden consumption that we can turn off.
- We have "green vendor" initiative to seek out and use Earth-friendly companies to do business with.
- We use the "Think before you print" motto to cut down on paper usage and use "green" cleaning products in our facilities.
- We create very few paper marketing but if we do, we use materials that are developed using recycled materials, non-toxic inks and glues.
- We support our neighboring island's endangered species, the Philippine Tarsier.
Today marks a special day for the United States and all Philippine call center employees who have American clients. Thanksgiving Day is one of the most important holidays in the year. Though it is important to be thankful every single day, Thanksgiving is the day to celebrate its appreciation, meaning and reflection. It also […]Read more >>
EB Call Center Helps Calamity Victims
Executive Boutique Call Center, through its corporate social responsibility, has managed to donate over $1,500.00 worth of food, makeshift tents and other supplies to the victims of the 7.2 magnitude earthquake that devastated Bohol and Cebu. We would like to thank everyone who participated in making this Philippine call center effort possible.Read more >>
Skills you need to be successful in the workplace
Are you the ideal call center employee? It takes more than good customer service skills to succeed in a Philippine call center. Though it is very important, there are other things that will make you successful and important in any workplace setting. A typical Philippine call center outsourcing facility has over 100 employees. If […]Read more >>